Friday, April 18, 2008

Condition

As a former stamp collector while growing up, I was always obsessed with the acquisition of the finest items in the finest condition. When the day came to sell, it was as if I was holding a fine piece of property. I walked into a dealer in London and he took a look at the first few examples of what I had. He handed me a pencil and paper and told me to write down and add up the catalog values. He paid me with a smile. The lesson is simply to buy the best and take the time to select examples in condition that will excite a potential buyer later when you might want to sell.

As an investor you need to study and put effort into your collecting to safeguard the value.

As a collector it will always please you to look at something in perfect sharp condition rather than look at something tired and worn.

http://www.silverperfect.com